"A Precious Commodity" is the third episode of the fifth season of The Good Wife and the ninty-third episode overall.
When Diane Lockhart tells Will Gardner of the negative interview she gave about him, he becomes angry and organizes with the other partners to push her out of the firm. He appoints Alicia Florrick to negotiate Diane's exit package, which constitutes a conflict of interest since the new firm she and Cary Agos are forming would benefit from signing some of Diane's clients. Alicia represents a surrogate mother whose contract holders want her to terminate the pregnancy due to certain birth defects. Peter Florrick struggles to reach an agreement with ethical consultant Marilyn that will not damage his public appearance.
- Julianna Margulies as Alicia Florrick
- Matt Czuchry as Cary Agos
- Archie Panjabi as Kalinda Sharma
- Alan Cumming as Eli Gold
- Josh Charles as Will Gardner
- Christine Baranski as Diane Lockhart
- Chris Noth as Peter Florrick
- Graham Phillips as Zach Florrick
- Mackenzie Vega as Grace Florrick
- J.T. O'Connor as Daniel Hecht
- Rebecca Eichenberger as Amber Wallis