"The Bit Bucket" is the second episode of the fifth season of The Good Wife and the ninty-second episode overall.
The NSA listens in on Alicia Florrick and Diane Lockhart's calls as part of an ongoing terrorist investigation, which turns messy when Lockhart-Gardner brings an unrelated lawsuit against them. Chumhum CEO Neil Gross has his lawyers, Alicia and Cary Agos, sue the NSA for their selectively enforced gag order that hurt his business. Alicia, Cary, and the other fourth years struggle to find suitable office spaces while keeping their departure a secret from their bosses, with Alicia's mom stepping in to save the day. Zach Florrick's ex-girlfriend Becca shows up to once again cause trouble for Eli Gold and the Peter Florrick campaign. Diane is put in an awkward position when the preliminary steps for her judgeship require her to talk negatively of her business partner, Will Gardner. The NSA finds sufficient incriminating evidence to expand their investigation of Alicia and anyone who is in contact with her.
- Julianna Margulies as Alicia Florrick
- Matt Czuchry as Cary Agos
- Archie Panjabi as Kalinda Sharma
- Alan Cumming as Eli Gold
- Josh Charles as Will Gardner
- Christine Baranski as Diane Lockhart
- Chris Noth as Peter Florrick
- Graham Phillips as Zach Florrick
- John Leonard Thompson as NSA General Counsel
- Chester Jones III as Campus Police Officer
- Vanessa Wasche as Diane's Assistant