The CBS All Access series The Good Fight picks up one year after the events of the final broadcast episode of The Good Wife. It is Paramount+ (formerly CBS All Access') first original scripted series. The series is created by Robert King and Michelle King. The first season contains 10 episodes, and premiered on February 19, 2017, with the first episode airing on CBS and the latter nine episodes airing on CBS All Access (later Paramount+).
Plot[edit | edit source]
An enormous financial scam has destroyed the reputation of a young lawyer, Maia Rindell, while simultaneously wiping out her mentor and godmother Diane Lockhart's savings. Forced out of Lockhart & Lee, they join Lucca Quinn at one of Chicago’s pre-eminent law firms. The series, from The Good Wife creators Robert and Michelle King.
Main Cast[edit | edit source]
- Christine Baranski as Diane Lockhart, who loses her savings after an enormous financial scam and must join Lucca Quinn at one of Chicago's pre-eminent law firms. (Season 1 - Present)
- Rose Leslie as Maia Rindell, Diane's goddaughter who joins Diane's firm just after passing the bar. Maia and her parents are the unofficial First Family of Chicago. She is Amy's girlfriend. (Season 1 - Present)
- Erica Tazel as Barbara Kolstad, founding partner at Reddick, Boseman, & Kolstad, the law firm Diane and Maia move to after the financial scandal. (Season 1)
- Sarah Steele as Marissa Gold, who begins as Diane Lockhart's secretary, but finds she has a knack for investigating. (Season 1 - Present)
- Cush Jumbo as Lucca Quinn, who begins to work with Diane at one of Chicago's pre-eminent law firms. (Season 1 - Present)
- Delroy Lindo as Adrian Boseman, an attorney who starts poaching Diane Lockhart's associates and clients when she gets into financial trouble and threatens her ability to stay in business. (Season 1 - Present)
- Justin Bartha as Colin Morrello, a successful lawyer in the State Attorney's office and rival/potential love interest of Lucca. (Season 1 - Season 2)
Recurring & Guest Cast[edit | edit source]
- Paul Guilfoyle as Henry Rindell, Maia's father, who is a wildly successful financial advisor and is phenomenally wealthy and universally loved. He, Lenore and Maia are the unofficial First Family of Chicago. In the pilot, he is arrested for running a giant Ponzi scheme with Diane one of his victims.
- Bernadette Peters as Lenore Rindell, Maia's mother who comes from a tough working-class background and is a natively brilliant financial whiz. She, Henry and Maia are the unofficial First Family of Chicago.
- Gary Cole as Kurt McVeigh, Diane Lockhart's husband.
- Zach Grenier as David Lee
- Jerry Adler as Howard Lyman
- Carrie Preston as Elsbeth Tascioni, a smart yet quirky lawyer
- Michael Boatman as Julius Cain
- Heléne Yorke as Amy Breslin, an assistant state attorney and Maia's girlfriend.
- Nyambi Nyambi as Jay Dipersia
- Matthew Perry as Mike Kresteva
- Christine Lahti as Andrea Stevens
- John Benjamin Hickey as Neil Gross
- Andrea Martin as Francesca Lovatelli
- Margo Martindale as Ruth Eastman
- Tim Matheson as Tully Nelson
- Alan Alda as Solomon Waltzer
- Rob McClure as Trig Mullaney
- Greta Lee as Amber Wood-Lutz
- Denis O'Hare as Charles Abernathy
- Bebe Neuwirth as Claudia Friend
- Jane Lynch as Madeline Starkey
- Dylan Baker as Colin Sweeney
- Becky Ann Baker as Alma Hoff
- Mamie Gummer as Nancy Crozier
- Christian Borle as Carter Schmidt
- Kurt Fuller as Peter Dunaway
- Louis Gossett Jr. as Carl Reddick
- Jayne Houdyshell as Renée
- Megan Hilty as Holly Westfall
- Nikki M. James as Monica Timmons
- Jason Biggs as Dylan Stack