Employees are on edge as Will Gardner and Diane Lockhart begin to cut positions and reduce costs. Alicia is expecting the worst when Will calls her into to his office but he in fact wants her to be the second chair in a lawsuit against Anna Loeb, the estranged daughter of the firm's absentee partner Jonas Stern. The woman is represented by storefront lawyer Ryan Alprin in a case where a pedestrian tripped over a cable and fell in front of Loeb's house and is now suing for her and her husband for $1.2 million, accusing them of negligence. Their lawyer decides on a unique argument: as Orthodox Jews, the Loebs couldn't repair the cable, which became detached on the Sabbath, as they are prohibited from working on that day. That defense soon runs into a problem and it's left to Alicia and investigator Kalinda to get to the root of the accusations. It all may fall apart however when Alicia learns something shocking about Alprin himself.
- Julianna Margulies as Alicia Florrick
- Matt Czuchry as Cary Agos
- Archie Panjabi as Kalinda Sharma
- Graham Phillips as Zach Florrick
- Mackenzie Vega as Grace Florrick (credit only)
- Josh Charles as Will Gardner
- Christine Baranski as Diane Lockhart
- Chris Noth as Peter Florrick
- This episode first aired in on November 10, 2009.
- On its first airing this episode attracted 13.35 million viewers.
Goofs, Bloopers & Continuity ErrorsEdit